Greetings Members and Friends of the AIA,This Saturday, October 19th is International Archaeology Day!
Several local archaeology groups will be joining together to host an Archaeology Fair.
Lowe Mill Dock and Lawn from 1:00-4:00 PM
2211 Seminole Dr. Huntsville, Alabama 35805
- Tennessee Valley Archaeological Research will open labs for tours
- TVA will have ceramic activities for kids
- Expert flint-knapper Tim Baker will do demonstrations
- Oakville Indian Mounds Museum staff will teach atl-atl throwing
- Huntsville City Schools’ Earthscope will have Native American games
- Alabama Archaeological Society, the Alabama National Guard, and other organizations will have tables with information and activities
- Archaeologists from TVA and Redstone Arsenal will be identifying artifacts as well as accepting donated artifacts, particularly those that were collected in the past from public land
- 7 PM at UAH Theatre
Registered Public Archaeologist
“Eating in the Valley: Woodland Foodways along the Tennessee River”